Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wow. I haven't written here since February.

A lot has happened if my life lately. At Christmas I had pneumonia. This was the 2nd time I had pneumonia. I had it in 2003 and I was much sicker that time. The cough seemed to just hang on and hang on. The follow up xray showed I still had some pneumonia although it had cleared quite a bit. So I had to take another course of antibiotics. When I told my doctor that I was still coughing I had a 2nd follow up xray. This time they suggested a CT scan. The CT scan report came back "underlying lung disease" and suggested another CT scan in 3-6 months, and I was referred to a pulmonologist. I really like my pulmonologist. She ordered a bunch of blood work. She performed a Bronchoscopy where they look inside the bronchial tube. They took some fluid samples from my lungs and a biopsy of a little bump in my windpipe. The labs have all come back normal. The little bump was just benign tissue from my trachea. I also had a Pulmonary function test. Now my next step is a lung biopsy. This one will be real surgery. I am waiting now to see the surgeon to get details of recovery etc. I will be in the hospital for 2-3 days with a drain coming out my side and I imagine the recovery will be a few more days after I get home.

I have a trip planned with my girlfriends to Reno to see the show "Menopause" on May 3rd. I'm really looking forward to that little trip so I hope I can schedule the surgery after that. I'm also supposed to bowl one game with my co-workers. It's part of an employee appreciation thing that they do at UC Davis called Thank Goodness For Staff. We bowl really bad but somehow we always bowl better than the other team and we get a first or second place trophy. I don't want to miss bowling either. So even though I know I should have this surgery, I hope I can do it after the fun stuff.

Well that sounds like I'm having a real pitty party here. I guess I am.

As soon as I figure out how to add pictures, I'll add some of the projects I've been doing. Like everybody who enjoys quilting, I have a lot of unfinished projects. I'd like to set a goal of finishing at least 1 project this month. Let's see how I do.

No comments: