Friday, August 28, 2009

_ _ _ _ _ _ Health Update

I went last week for another Pulmonary Function Test. I saw my doctor yesterday and she repeated the stair walking test. Everything is the same, so my health is not declining. My doctor said I am STABLE. Of course, my husband says the doctor was talking physically, not mentally.

She also said there is a new drug for people with Interstitial Lung Disease, that is making it's way through the FDA approvals now. It is supposed to prevent scarring. She said it should be released early next year. Since there is no current treatment, for ILD the FDA will most likely push it through. I think this is great news.

My daughter got her learner's permit yesterday, but we're going to make her take lessons with a driving school before she drives our cars. I almost had a heart attack several times when I taught our son to drive, and I don't think I can survive it a second time. My husband says she can wreck the driving school car, not ours. Well I have to agree with that.

No comments: